Monday, November 21, 2011

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary launch/mini-review

     It seems like just yesterday that I was six years old and waiting in line for the first xbox and a copy of Halo Combat Evolved with my 18 year old cousin, Alex. Halo was the only game of three that he was going to be getting that he was excited about. "Alex, I'm tired, can we go home now?"
"not yet, only a few more minutes," I was exhausted from a long day of being a six year old, but there it was, all of a sudden we were home, and Alex was setting up a big black box up to his giant tv, and all i remember hearing is "AHHUHHAHUGHAHHUHHH!" The chanting of Forerunner monks (as I still like to imagine) are calmly assuring us that our purchase was not a waste.
An all nighter. the first of my life, and I was six years old. Halo was scared into my mind forever, from campaign to multiplayer, it was all perfect. And the rest, as they say, is History.
     Halo: Anniversary, is amazing, its beautiful and when I got to the Maw, I actually teared up a bit, I called Alex that night and thanked him for the original experience. He was only on 343 Guilty Spark at the time. I've found all the terminals, located every skull, and am working on my second run through on Legendary as apposed to Heroic the time before. and I think that the new firefight map and six remade maps will hold me over long enough until Halo 4's launch next Holiday season. Here's to another ten amazing years. Cheers
-MMC

No comments:

Post a Comment