Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Halo 4 Game Informer Summary/Impression

     On April 9th, I got my copy of Game Informer in the mail. I was extremely pleased, although expectant, at the sight of Master Chief staring at me through his redesigned helmet as pictured here. I am bringing it upon myself to do a write-up of the information in the May Cover Story. So, I guess we should get started.
     First off is the little details of the first level that the GI crew was exposed to. It was the first mission of the new campaign. It starts off with a view of Cortana, shimmering in the dark room. The intruder alarms are sounding and Cortana says, "Wake up, Chief, I need you..." You then hop into the shoes of the Master Chief just like you did on the Tatum eleven years earlier. As you emerge there is a little bit of playful banter between the two, "Just like old times," Cortana says as the real fun begins. Chief and Cortana proceed to an elevator while trying to get up to the observation deck. Cortana has chief open the bay doors after taking care of an Elite who charges him. This lets in the sight of a Covenant armada. the demo ends with Chief saying that they need to get off the ship. I'm really excited to see and hear more about this chapter in the Halo franchise.
     Next up is Infinity. Infinity is the new sub-menu that is home to anything multiplayer. This includes the standard Custom Games, Matchmaking, and the absence of Firefight. Instead, it has been replaced by the new mode, Spartan Ops, but more on that later.
     Multiplayer has a couple of new and returning things. Our Multiplayer Spartan IV's are stationed on this ship, the UNSC Infinity. Every multiplayer map is recreated in a combat simulator on the ship, similar to X-Men's Danger Room. One of the returning items are armor abilities, although, they wont play like the Reach side of things. We get Hologram, Thrusters (a different version of the jet pack), Invisibility, and the new Forerunner Vision, which will "let you see through walls". We do not know what the draw backs are but Frank O'Connor said that its something that Hardcore players will try it twice and swap for something else.
     Our favorite Weapons return including the Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Covenant Carbine, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Pistol, Plasma Pistol, and Energy Sword. plus, something that was called an assault carbine. I don't know what it is yet, but we'll find out eventually.
     I guess I should talk about my favorite thing that was talked about, which was Spartan Ops. It is an episodically released  Co-op campaign that takes your Spartan IV off of the UNSC Infinity. These are weekly released, free, CG movies that give you new locations and 5 missions to do in that week, with the following week giving you a new episode. Josh Holmes stated that they are free with the packaged game and will never expire, meaning we can replay them to our hearts content.
     I don't know about you, but I am really looking forward to Spartan Ops, but I think that it would be in 343's favor to rename it. I think its too bland. You can check out the Game Informer Hub until the end of the month to catch extra Halo 4 interviews and more. PLUS!!! DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT XBOX'S FACEBOOK PAGE TO CHAT LIVE WITH THE CURRENTLY UNANNOUNCED HALO 4 COMPOSER TOMORROW, APRIL 11TH AT 12 CST!
     Thanks for reading! leave a comment to tell me if I missed anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment