Saturday, June 23, 2012

We Are TRU7H: Part 1


Mixmasterchief
AKA: Mix

I am supposed to be writing this. Unfortunately, this is going to be one of my last Planned posts, besides the Halo Bulletin every week, but that's just a repost. I'm gonna stop myself from ranting and just tell you who I am, so here we go.
My name is Mixmasterchief. My gamertag is MIXMASTERCHlEF, where the i in chief is an L, just lowercase. I have been a fan of and playing Halo since day one. When I started I was unaware of a growing community that was kind of behind this great thing, driving it forward. I didn't actually find out about it until right before halo 3 came out. I did miss Iris, I did miss Bees I had missed any and all ARG marketing. But, after 3 came out, I became a community man. I mostly lurked in the beginning but now I am all over the place. 
I started/founded this Site and Community Hub about two years ago, when the rumors of a Halo Combat Evolved remake were starting to pop up more and more and I decided that I could create a central hub of these rumors and official news once it got started. And on June 1st, 2011, we finally got a trailer for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. I was ecstatic. I posted any and everything I could find. 
Once Anniversary came out, I didn't want to stop posting because I loved seeing that people where actually reading my posts and were interested in what I had to say, so I switched it over from the bland Re-Halo to Installation 343, a full Halo news site. Anything I could find (mainly Halo 4 stuff) went on the site. 
I had started to do playdates, well, I say that, I only did two. The first one was a success, I had a turn out of about 12 people, and we had a ball. Then, I planned a second one, which was actually only about 2 months ago. I posted it on twitter and a pretty cool dude named Kri77ical decided that he thought it would be worth his time to come and play with my gimpy community and myself. He was the only one that came out to play. He asked me if I had ever thought of turning the site into a full on gaming community site, as apposed to the normal Halo only set I'd lived with of a little over a year. I told him I had thought of it but not seriously enough to do it just yet. He was able to accelerate that decision. After about a week of soul searching, and name choosing we came up with TRU7H.
Now, TRU7H is a Hub for all things that have to do with gaming, including hosting an incredibly awesome community. I am trilled with my decision. I love pushing the tru7h unto all who will accept it. ;)
Hi. My name is Austin Douglas Ford. I am 17, I live in New Braunfels, Texas. I am going to go to college to major in Theatre so that I can one day be a film director. I love my community. I love my team. I hope we can snipe eachother in a match of Halo soon!

Love,
Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment